About the No. 1 Rev. 1
The No. 1 Rev. 1 retains the same aesthetic of our original tenkeyless released in 2017, but is rebuilt from the ground up with all the modern features you'd expect from a Keycult release in 2019.
Sale information – Learn how this kit will be sold, including important dates and times for sale entry
Overview & Specs
- Price: $515
- In-stock and ready to ship at time of sale
- Two variants available: Dark Navy & Silver and Black & Gold
- Extras available: WT80-A PCBs, brass full plates, polycarbonate full plates
- Tenkeyless, standard layout (with winkey, without blockers)
- 8° typing angle
- Isolated gasket mount (like the No. 1/60 & 1/65)
- VIA-compatible WT80-A PCB and USB-C daughterboard designed by Wilba
Reimagining the No. 1
Originally released in 2017, the No. 1 tenkeyless keyboard was sold in a small, private group buy that never sought out the attention it eventually received. Nearly two years later, we're coming back to the design.
Using what we've learned in the meantime, the No. 1 Rev. 1 is rebuilt from the ground up. No parts are compatible with the original board – from major architectural changes like the incorporation of a USB-C daughterboard to subtle shifts in the curvatures of the case, everything is different. We think this revision is more refined than its predecessor, and we sincerely hope you enjoy it.
Programming the WT80-A PCB
The No. 1 Rev. 1 uses a WT80-A PCB designed by Wilba. Keymaps can be programmed on-the-fly using the VIA Configurator. Launch the application with your No. 1 already plugged in and begin assigning new keys.
As with all our releases, we're written a quality disclosure so that you can understand possible aesthetic defects before you buy. You can read it here.