Note: Only one No. 2 kit per person. You may not buy both a Classic Stainless and a Contemporary Red kit. Duplicate orders will be canceled.
Introducing the No. 2, a tenkeyless keyboard from Keycult. Inspired by the HHKB Professional HG, the No. 2 is a limited-run, premium kit that has been in the works since mid-2018.
Read more – An overview of the No. 2 including information on this page as well as more about the origin of the design.
Blog announcement – Check out our announcement of the Keycult No. 2, including sale & giveaway information.
Video teardown – Starting with a built board, we'll tear it down and put it back together again. See the board outside and in and learn how it all fits together in the process.
Build log – Photographic log of the build we showed in the above teardown. We tried to photograph every step of the build process, starting with a kit as you'd receive it.
Overview & Specs
- Winkeyless layout with blockers
- 8° typing angle
- Isolated gasket mount (like the No. 1/60 & 1/65)
- Seamless 3D-contoured profile
- Case constructed without visible external screws
- VIA-compatible WT80-A PCB and USB-C daughterboard designed by Wilba
- All kits include a keyboard chassis, PCB, vibration-damping gaskets and feet, case screws, hex drivers
- 6063 aluminum case top, interior, plate, and bottom
- Silver anodized top and interior
- Red anodized plate and baseplate
- Weight: 5lbs 13oz
- Price: $585
Like the No. 1/60 and 1/65, we've written a quality disclosure for this release. You can read it here.
Note: Keycaps are for display only. Does not include keycaps or switches.